ALPINA expands SALES to CHINA
• ALPINA launches first model in China
• Prestige Cars Group will be the official importer
• Sales will start in Beijing, Shanghai and Shenzhen in November
Prestige Cars Group, which is also a BMW sales partner, will act as the official importer for BMW ALPINA automobiles.
Sales activities will commence in Beijing, Shanghai and Shenzhen, where showrooms with a dedicated ALPINA floor space will be established. With more locations already being planned for the near future.
The first model to be launched in China is all-wheel drive BMW ALPINA B4 Bi-Turbo Coupé, which is based on the BMW 4 Series. Andreas Bovensiepen, Proprietor Sales and Marketing at ALPINA, introduced the new model to the Chinese press during the past week. First demonstrator cars and customer automobiles will be available at the three locations as of November. ALPINA is planning to offer more models in China from 2017 on, including their long-wheel base flagship BMW ALPINA B7 Bi-Turbo.
The brand’s entry into the Chinese market has been thoroughly planned. Andreas Bovensiepen is aware of the potential there: “By now, China is one of the world’s most important automobile markets. We have observed the evolution in this market for a very long time and we believe that this is the right moment for ALPINA to become active in China. The customers are highly tech-savvy and they appreciate the exclusiveness we offer with our automobiles. We have a strong sales partner in Prestige Cars Group and we’re looking forward to establishing a long and successful presence in China.
”Photo: (from left to right)
• Yunzhi Liu, General Manager of Beijing Baozehang
• Terry Wan, Executive Director, Vice President of China ZhengTong Auto Services Holdings Limited Beijing
• Anthony Chan, Chairman of Prestige Cars Group
• Andreas Bovensiepen, CEO of ALPINA Burkard Bovensiepen GmbH + Co. KG
• Yi Xiao, Vice President, Sales Channel Development of BMW Brilliance Automotive Ltd.
• Leon Tang, President Assistant of China Yongda Automobiles Services Holdings Limited,Vice General Manager of Shanghai Yongda Auto Group Co. Ltd.
• Jerry Zhou, General Manager of Shanghai Baozen Shenjiang Automotive Sales&Service Co. Ltd.
• Bing Huang, General Manager of Shenzhen Southern Baozen